Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
In this video, we give you an introduction to open-water swimming to help you build confidence and get ready to race well in the open water. There are some useful tips on buying wetsuits, as well as the all-important safety considerations you need to know before diving in, and we look at ways for you to get comfortable and build familiarity with open-water swimming.
Thanks to Justin Metzler and Will Greig for their participation in this open-water video series.
- Video: Key Skills You Need to Become a Successful Open-Water Swimmer
- Video: These Advanced Skills Will Take Your Open-Water Swimming to the Next Level
- A Complete Guide to Triathlon Swimming
- A Beginner’s Guide for Learning How to Swim for Triathlon
- How to (Finally) Become a Faster Swimmer
- A 4-Week Training Plan to Help You Swim Better and Faster