Video: These Advanced Skills Will Take Your Open-Water Swimming to the Next Level
We take a look at some of the advanced skills you need for optimal open-water swimming.
In the final part of our open-water swimming video series, we look at some of the advanced skills and strategies you need for optimal swim performance. These aren’t just for pros—these are important for anyone looking to get the most from their open-water swimming. We look at the importance of warming up on race day, knowing your race course, how to swim well in currents, how to drop someone drafting you, how to get out of being boxed in in a pack, and how to speedily and easily remove your wetsuit. With practice, all of these skills can be learned and honed to help make you fitter, faster, stronger, safer, and more confident come race day.
Thanks to Justin Metzler and Will Greig for their participation in this open-water video series.
- Video: New to Open-Water Swimming? Here’s Your Crash Course
- Video: Key Skills You Need to Become a Successful Open-Water Swimmer
- A Complete Guide to Triathlon Swimming
- A Beginner’s Guide for Learning How to Swim for Triathlon
- How to (Finally) Become a Faster Swimmer
- A 4-Week Training Plan to Help You Swim Better and Faster