Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
So what happens after you become the Ironman World Champion? Plenty! Three weeks after the biggest win of his life, Pete Jacobs came on to Competitor Radio with Bob Babbitt to talk through the months and weeks leading into Kona and the blow-by-blow of race day.
Funny story: The evening before this chat, Pete was in Noosa having dinner with fellow Aussies three-time Ironman world champion Craig Alexander and two-time Ironman world champion Chris McCormack. A fan came up and wanted to get a photo…with Crowie and Macca. “Pete, it just shows that winning only once doesn’t quite do it,” laughed Crowie.
– Breakfast With Bob And Paul: Kona Winner Pete Jacobs
– Race Recap: Jacobs, Cave Win 2012 Ironman World Championship
– Race Gallery: 2012 Ironman World Championship
– Video: Pete Jacobs Crosses The Kona Finish Line
– Video: Post-Kona Interview With Winner Pete Jacobs