Kale, Feta And Quinoa Burgers Recipe
Try this twist on the classic spinach and feta burger by replacing the spinach with kale and adding some protein with a dose of quinoa.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Try this twist on the classic spinach and feta burger by replacing the spinach with kale and adding some protein with a dose of quinoa. Serve it up in a salad, as a sandwich or even try it with eggs.
Serving Suggestion: serve over greens with a sunny side-up egg and your favorite salsa, as pictured.
- 16 ounce bag frozen kale, defrosted
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 15 ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (chardonnay)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow curry powder or cumin
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until golden. Add the garlic and curry powder or cumin and cook another minute until fragrant.
- In a colander, push all of the water out of the kale with a paper towel.
- Add the kale, white beans and wine in the pan and sauté 7-8 minutes until the wine has been fully absorbed.
- Add this mixture to a food processor (or use a mixer) with the quinoa, feta and eggs.
- Pulse for about 10-15 seconds until the mixture starts to bind together, but isn’t completely smooth.
- Form 4-6 patties from the mixture. The patties can be pan seared over medium heat, with a small amount of oil in the pan, for about 3-5 minutes per side. Or, bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.