Perez, Haskins Win Clermont ITU Pan American Cup
Irving Perez (MEX) and Sarah Haskins (USA) kicked off the North American ITU season with victories at today's ITU Pan American Cup in Florida.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Irving Perez (MEX) and Sarah Haskins (USA) kicked off the North American ITU season with victories at today’s ITU Pan American Cup in Florida.
Perez posted the day’s top time with 56:22 and Canada’s Andrew Yorke was second in 56:27. William Huffman was the top finishing American in third at 56:57.
Haskins made her return to triathlon with a time of 1:02:55. It was her third podium finish in Clermont and her first victory on this course. Mexico’s Claudia Rivas was second in 1:03:22 and Canadian Joanna Brown was third with a time of 1:03:48.
“It feels really good to be out on the race course. You never know how your body is going to respond after taking such a long time off,” Haskins told USA Triathlon after the race, which was her first since the birth of her daughter. “It’s a great race and it’s close to home. I just really wanted to come out and do what I love to do, which is race hard.”
Clermont ITU Pan American Cup
Clermont, Fla. – March 1, 2014
750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
1. Irving Perez (MEX) 56:22
2. Andrew Yorke (CAN) 56:27
3. William Huffman (USA) 56:57
4. Carlos Javier Quinchara Forero (COL) 57:11
5. Kaleb VanOrt (USA) 57:15
6. Crisanto Grajales (MEX) 57:22
7. Rostyslav Pevtsov (ITU) 57:22
8. Sergio Sarmiento (MEX) 57:27
9. Lukas Verzbicas (USA) 57:29
10. Jarrod Shoemaker (USA) 57:34
1. Sarah Haskins (USA) 1:02:55
2. Claudia Rivas (MEX) 1:03:22
3. Joanna Brown (CAN) 1:03:48
4. Amelie Kretz (CAN) 1:03:53
5. Anne Tabarant (FRA) 1:03:55
6. Rebeccah Wassner (USA) 1:04:07
7. Chelsea Burns (USA) 1:04:24
8. Sara McLarty (USA) 1:04:38
9. Kaitlin Donner (USA) 1:04:50
10. Michelle Mehnert (USA) 1:04:58