Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The Czech Republic’s Filip Ospaly beat out a tough group of men, including Australia’s Chris McCormack, Germany’s Andreas Raelert, Belgium’s Marino Vanhoenacker and Luxembourg’s Dirk Bockel, to take the win at Ironman 70.3 Austria. Osplay’s win came thanks to a 1:08:50 half marathon. The blistering run time gave Ospaly a course record time of 3:46:01.
The women’s race also came down to the run as the Netherlands’ Yvonne Van Vlerken took the win in a sprint finish against Hungary’s Erika Csomor. The fast-paced run gave Van Vlerken a time of 4:15:54, which is also a new course record.
Ironman 70.3 Austria
St. Pölten, Austria – May 30, 2010
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Filip Ospaly (CZE) 3:46:01
2. Chris McCormack (AUS) 3:47:00
3. Andreas Raelert (GER) 3:47:28.
4. Marino Vanhoenacker (BEL) 3:49:18.
5. Dirk Bockel (LUX) 3:51:29
1. Yvonne Van Vlerken (NED) 4:18:56
2. Erika Csomor (HUN) 4:18:56
3. Karin Thürig (SWI) 4:21:34
4. Sandra Wallenhorst (GER) 4:23:13
5. Kristin Möller (GER) 4:27:07