Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Strava announced today that it has redesigned its mobile app specifically for the highly-anticipated Apple Watch, which is set to be released next month. With the new design, Strava aims to seamlessly integrate with Apple Watch to “deliver effortless connectivity and a more personal, engaging, and real-time training experience for cyclists and runners.”
See the announcement from Strava below:
“Apple has shaped the space it operates in by pushing the boundaries of technology and design. Strava has been on a similar journey, connecting a global community of athletes through its innovative products and experience,” Erik Joule, Strava’s chief marketing and commerce officer, said in the press release. “The redesigned app will extend the breadth of Strava’s product portfolio from web (strava.com) and mobile (iOS and Android apps) to the most anticipated wearable device of our time, Apple Watch.”
Among its feature set, Strava for Apple Watch aims to empower athletes to track time, speed and distance in real time, toggle seamlessly between ride and run modes, and automatically sync activities with their Strava profiles.
Features will include:
· Intuitive on-wrist display: Track their performance on Apple Watch in real time while keeping their phones safely tucked away
· Real-time segments: Receive alerts as you approach a starred segment, check elapsed time in the moment, then get instant results at the finish
· Weekly training progress at a glance: Utilizing Apple Watch’s innovative Glances feature, Strava’s personalized training dashboard summarizes weekly training volume and progress toward goals
· Immediate hands-free results: Completed activities automatically sync with Strava and results are instantly summarized on the Apple Watch display
· Fast transitions between ride and run modes: Multi-sport athletes can easily toggle between modes by using Apple Watch’s Force Touch sensing capabilities
“Strava is committed to enhancing the experience for the athlete before, during and after each of his or her activities,” Kyle Yugawa, design lead at Strava, said. “Strava for Apple Watch fulfills a big part of this commitment by delivering an optimum ‘live’ experience that leverages Apple’s beautiful design and Strava’s interface.”