Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The 2009 USA Triathlon/Halfmax Long Course Triathlon National Championship and USAT Club National Championship will be held September 19-20 at the Oklahoma City, Okla., Redman Triathlon.
The long course event on Saturday will feature a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run. The event will be one of three qualifiers for the 2010 ITU Long Course World Championship in Immenstadt, Germany. The top 14 in each age group, rolling down to 18th place, will qualify to be on Team USA at Worlds.
Two shorter events on Sunday will comprise the Club Championship. Athletes can compete on either a sprint distance or Olympic distance course to earn points for their USAT-certified clubs.
Awards will be given to the highest scoring clubs in five categories based on size.
Following are the clubs competing in the 2009 championship: Division I (Over 250 Members)
· DC Triathlon Club (5 Participants/1197 Members)
· Houston Racing Triathlon Club (17 Participants/735 Members)
· Columbia Multisport Club (156 Participants/469 Members)
· Tri-OKC (197 Participants/370 Members)
· Fit 2 Train (5 Participants/268 Members)
Division II (130-249 Members)
· KC Multisport (42 Participants/218 Members)
· Tulsa Area Triathletes, Inc. (54 Participants/216 Members)
· St. Louis Triathlon Club (22 Participants/ 197 Members)
· Sacramento Triathlon Club (1 Participant/178 Members)
· Baton Rouge Triathlon (16 Participants/177 Members)
· Midwest Xtreme (10 Participants/169 Members)
· Memphis Thunder Racing (1 Participant/149 Members)
· Bay Area Multisport (7 Participants/144 Members)
· Phoenix Triathlon Club (1 Participant/136 Members)
Division III (80-129 Members)
· Kansas River Valley Triathlon Club (51 Participants/127 Members)
· Texas Triple Threat (3 Participants/120 Members)
· Boston Triathlon Team (1 Participant/117 Members)
· United States Air Force Academy Triathlon Team (9 Participants/94 Members)
· Northwest Arkansas Triathletes (48 Participants/85 Members)
Division IV (30-79 Members)
· Full Throttle Endurance (30 Participants/77 Members)
· Team Pysch (1 Participant/57 Members)
· SWAT of Missouri (14 Participants/41 Members)
· Pearland Multisport Athletes Club (8 Participants/39 Members)
· Rolla Multisport Club (13 Participants/36 Members)
Division V (2-29 Members)
· Team Fraser Multisport (16 Participants/26 Members)
· Tri-Mettle Racing (9 Participants/26 Members)
· Tri-ProSoap.com (1 Participant/26 Members)
· Greely Triathlon Club (11 Participants/24 members)