Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A strong pro field took on the inaugural Playitas Challenge Fuerteventura today. In a closely fought battle throughout the race between Rasmus Henning (DEN), Martin Jensen (DEN) and Stephen Bayliss (GBR) it was Henning who took out the title in 4:12:59, just three seconds ahead of Jensen and 34 seconds ahead of Bayliss.
The women’s race was also close with local athlete and Spanish Long Distance Champoin Eva Ledesma finally breaking away on the run to take first place in 4:47:14, two minutes ahead of Erika Csomor ( HUN) who came in in 4:49:19. Edith Niederfriniger (ITA) rounded out the podium in 4:53:28.
Playitas Challenge Fuertventura is the latest event in the global Challenge Family series of triathlons that features 13 full and half distance races across three continents. For further information, visit www.challenge-family.com.
1. Rasmus Henning (DEN) 4:12:59
2. Martin Jensen (DEN) 4:14:01
3. Stephen Bayliss (GBR) 4:14:33
4. Jons Djurback (SWE) 4:15:59
5. Daniel Halksworth (GBR) 4:16:18
1. Eva Ledesma (SPA 4:47:14
2. Erika Csomor (HUN) 4:49:19
3. Edith Niederfriniger (ITA) 4:53:28
4. Emma Ruth Smith (GBR) 4:57:35
5. Sonja Jaasveld (NED) 5:05:35