What’s The Best Training Advice You’ve Ever Received?
We posed the following question to readers on the Inside Triathlon facebook page, “What’s the best training advice you’ve received?” Here are a few responses to make you feel motivated and inspired.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We posed the following question to readers on the Inside Triathlon facebook page, “What’s the best training advice you’ve received?” Here are a few responses to help you feel motivated and inspired.
• Don’t wait until you think you are perfectly trained. Sign up, show up and have fun.
• Train smarter, race harder.
• Never out ride your run.
• Smooth is fast….fast is smooth!
• If you feel you are in control, you are not going fast enough.
• No one ever wins the race in the water. Relax and swim YOUR race!
• The water is meant to slow you down. Just relax and think of the water as an incredible masseuse.
• After I withdrew due to injury: It’s just one race.
• For the 140.6 distance: Don’t get caught up in the moment. Keep moving forward and smile. The day is long. Be patient.
• Work on form, speed will follow.
• The better you recover the more you gain!
• First you learn to train, then you learn to race, eventually with time and effort, you’ll learn to win!
• Follow a plan and invest your time to learn from others!
• Rest is your friend
• A healthy athlete beats an injured athlete anytime!
• When you feel like quitting… dig deeper.
• Get a coach! It isn’t too expensive and is worth every penny!
• Sleep is NOT over-rated