For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
The Multisport World NYC event will feature an amazing day of triathlon this Saturday, March 12, and you don’t have to be in New York to enjoy it!
We’ll be live streaming all of the seminars right here.
See the schedule below (All times EST):
9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
* VO2 max and lactate threshold… should I care? (Polly Demille, RN, Coordinator of Performance Services at Hospital for Special Surgery and USAT Level I Coach)
* Is there a psychology of a successful triathlete? (Paul Weiss, PhD, Senior Program Director at Asphalt Green, founder of the Asphalt Green Triathlon Club and Cycling Club)
* Bars, gels and supplements: What’s the deal? (Cristina Rivera, RD, CSSD, board certified Sports Nutritionist at Nutrition Energy)
* New horizons in sports medicine (Dr. Jordan D. Metzl, Hospital for Special Surgery)
* The mechanics of optimal cycling (Andrew Kraszewski, Research Engineer at the Leon Root, MD, Motion Analysis Laboratory at the Hospital for Special Surgery)
* Bike injuries 101 (Dr. Josh Metzl, MD, Chief Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital)
11 a.m – 12:30 p.m.
* What can I cook to keep myself healthy? (Adam Kelinson, Performance Chef™, sports nutritionist and author of The Athlete’s Plate: Real Food for High Performance; Organicperformance.com)
* What’s the deal with sodium and muscle cramping? (Dr. Edwin Cadet, Asst Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Asst Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon at NY Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center)
* Is there such a thing as a “natural” running style? (Ian Adamson, Newton Running)
* The five swim drills I dream about at night (Earl Walton, Head Swim Coach for TriLife Coaching NYC)
* The five run drills I dream about at night (Joshua Gold, USAT Level I Certified Coach, USA Cycling Expert-level certification and Triathlon Coach with the Asphalt Green Triathlon Club)
* Ten minutes to a better transition (Robert Pennino, USAT Age Group All American and CEO and Founder of the Terrier Tri Triathlon Team)
1 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
* Running Technique from Soup to Nuts — A panel discussion featuring the following running experts:
– Rob Maschi, (Technology of running analysis; 10 minutes) PT, DPT, CSCS and physical therapist at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City; author of “RunMetrics: A Runners Guide to Plyometrics and Core Strength Training; RunMetrics.net
– John Henwood (Is there a proper running form? 10 minutes), New Zealand representative in the 2004 Olympics in the 10,000m; athlete, running coach and strength trainer for NY Road Runners, coach of two Olympic athletes heading to the 2012 London Olympic Games
– Lee Silverman (Everything you want to know about running shoes in 10 minutes), founder and CEO, Jack Rabbit Sports
1:50 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
* Body Maintenance: Getting through the Season Injury Free — A panel discussion featuring certified physical therapists and coaches including:
– Mike Conlon, DPT on Active Release Techniques [ART] (10 minutes); Mike is Founder of Finish Line Physical Therapy and Head Marathon Coach with Team in Training NYC)
– Jonathan Cane on Strength training (5 minutes); President of NYC-based City Coach Multisport
– Paul Frediani on Strength training (5 minutes); Master Trainer and Head Triathlon Coach at the Jewish Community Center NYC and author, Tri Power: The Ultimate Strength Training, Core Conditioning, Endurance and Flexibility Program for Triathlon Success
– Marisa D’Adamo DPTMS PT SCS ATC who will speak to the question, Do I really need to stretch? (10 minutes); Marisa is a physical therapist and trainer for several elite and Olympic marathon runners, former Physical Therapy Coordinator for the ING NYC Marathon
2:40 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
* The Coaches Roundtable — This session will feature some of the best coaches in the region together to answer your questions about training, racing and recovery. Participating coaches include:
– Earl Walton, Head Swim Coach for TriLife Coaching NYC
– Scott Berlinger, Founder/President of Full Throttle Endurance, USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach and USA Cycling Coach, 2008 Clydesdale National Champion Runner-up, former “American Gladiator-Viper”
– Neil Cook, BS, MS, MEd, PhD. ABD; Multisport Head Coach and Program Manager for the Asphalt Green Triathlon Club, swimming coach and physical education teacher
– Laura Cozik, founder and CEO of Team Lipstick, LLC, New York City’s largest and most successful all female triathlon team
– Douglas Schwartz, USAT Level I Certified Coach, Certified Race Director, and current RD for the Jarden Westchester Triathlon and the JCC Kids Triathlon; Multisportpartners.com
– Ramon Bermo, founder and coach of Tri2B and Director of Endurance Events for the American Cancer Society
3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
* Nutrition for a Healthy Triathlete — A panel discussion featuring leading experts on nutrition together to discuss the ingredients of an optimal diet, antioxidants and more. Participating speakers include:
– Jaime Windrow on The Optimal Diet (10 minutes); Jaime is Nutrition Programs Director, Registered Dietitian and Triathlon Coach with QT2 Systems
– Alana Duffy on Race Food Strategies (10 minutes); Alana is a Registered Dietitian with Nutrition Energy