Six Steps To A Better Streamline
The fastest moment in the pool is when you push off the wall. Put your body in a streamline position to take advantage of this free speed.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The fastest moment in the pool is when you push off the wall. Put your body in a streamline position to take advantage of this free speed. Here are six steps to a streamline push-off:
- Put one hand on top of the other and hook your thumb over to keep them secure.
- Face the opposite side of the pool, tuck your chin to your chest and squeeze your ears with your biceps.
- Plant your feet on the wall, hip-distance apart, with a slight bend in your knees, and three feet below the surface of the water.
- Allow your upper body to drop under the water.
- Push off in a straight line toward the other side of the pool.
- When you start to slow down, flutter kick and start to take your first stroke.