For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Find all the holiday dessert flavors you crave baked into this crumble. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla gelato, or top with yogurt for a great pre training session breakfast.
2 Bartlett pears, sliced
2 small honey crisp apples, sliced
1 cup whole fresh cranberries, plus ¼ cup agave, OR ½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup white wine
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups ginger snaps (gluten-free snaps also work well)
1 cup pecans
½ cup coconut oil (softened but not melted)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large pie dish or deep tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the white wine, corn starch, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. If using whole cranberries, also whisk the agave into this mixture.
3. Toss the pears, apples and dried cranberries into this mixture and stir until well coated.
4. Transfer this mixture to the pie or tart pan.
5. Put the ginger snaps, pecans and coconut oil in a food processor. Pulse until into small crumbles (do not over process to fine powder).
6. Sprinkle the crumbles over the fruit mixture and tent with foil.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.