For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Propulsive power meets a natural feel in these new fins from Finis.
Choosing the right pair of fins can mean deciding between too much propulsion or an unnatural kick, but Finis’ new Edge fins strike the right balance. The ergonomic silicone fins are propulsive enough to power you through kick sets while still challenging your key kicking muscles needed for an efficient freestyle stroke.
- While a lot of fins hold your foot in with a full heel cup, the Edge simply straps around the back of your ankle for a comfy, flexible fit.
- Finis conducted extensive testing to determine the right blade angle that wouldn’t interfere with the kick, and this design feels incredibly natural in the water.
- Vents direct water flow in a streamlined way to avoid drag while propelling you across the pool.
- We loved the open toe design that doesn’t suffocate your feet or impede on any potential blisters from running.
- Just because the fins assist with propulsion doesn’t mean you’re not working hard—you can feel your glutes and hamstrings working on the up-kick, making the fins an effective strengthening tool.