Inside My Gear Bag With Michelle Vesterby
The globetrotting pro (and lover of pink) offers a look at her triathlon essentials.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Danish pro Michelle Vesterby has had consistent top performances since her first season as a pro in 2012. That year, she won Ironman Lanzarote and placed 12th in her Ironman Hawaii debut. She’s since followed that up with multiple Ironman podium finishes (in Cozumel, Arizona and Los Cabos) as well as a top-10 Kona finish in 2013. Despite a rocky start to 2015, partly due to a bike crash in Monaco, Vesterby is optimistic about her 2015 season. The globetrotting pro (and lover of pink) offers a look at her triathlon essentials.
RELATED – Breakfast With Bob Champions’ Edition From Challenge Denmark: Michelle Vesterby
1. TYR Catalyst Contour Training Paddles ($17, Tyr.com)
2. Garmin Forerunner 920XT ($450, Garmin.com) “I simply can’t live without it. I’m addicted to the numbers. I don’t feel my training is done properly if I forget it.”
3. Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola ($6.99, Purelyelizabeth.com) “I love this granola, and you can’t buy it in Denmark or Europe—only when I’m in the States.”
4. Nutella (Nutellausa.com) “Important for my breakfast!”
5. OPI Nail Lacquer ($9.50, Ulta.com) “It’s important to look good while racing, and pink is my color.”
6. Asics Run Shoes (GEL-DS Trainer 20, $120; GEL-Noosa Tri 10, $140, Asicsamerica.com) “They fit perfectly on my feet, and finding a shoe that fits and that you feel comfortable in is so important for fast racing and solid training.”
7. Fizik R5B Donna Cycling Shoes ($185, Fizik.com) “I love these for training, and the colors are awesome.”
8. Lindt Dark Chocolate Bar ($3.99, Lindt.com) “A favorite snack—this is one of my favorites.”
9. Oakley Prizm Road Radar EV Path ($190, Oakley.com) “I’ve tried so many sunglasses, but nothing fits better.”
10 CEP Progressive+ Run 2.0 SOCKS ($60, Cepcompression.com) “In pink, of course. They just make my runs better and my recovery faster.”
11 Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless ($200, Jabra.com) “The wireless headphones are so smart if you want to listen to music when training—no cords in the way.”
12. Apple iPhone “To chat with my coach on Skype, and to update and read the good luck messages on Facebook. I’m a #suckerforlikes.”