Profile Design HSF/Aero HC 800+ | $115
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Weight: 387g
A between-the-arms hydration system that incorporates the ability to refill on the fly, an integrated computer mount, flexible drink hose with integrated magnet, and an adjustable design with an 800mL capacity.
- Integrated Garmin mount
- Can be mounted above or below bars
- Powerful magnet secures straw while riding
- The cage also fits a standard water bottle—perfect for training
- Zip-tie mounting makes for more difficult installation/removal
- Fill port can splash when refilling on the fly
- Bottle can rattle in cage when riding on rough surfaces
Vision Metron Front Hydration System | $83
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ | Weight: 335g
A computational fluid dynamic-designed, between-the-arms bottle system with a 700mL capacity, this has an adjustable moveable straw that can be raised to access fluids while maintaining the aero position, and a tray that attaches to the aerobars secured with hook-and-loop fasteners.
- Detachable bento box allows nutrition storage
- “Labyrinth” water fill spout reduces splash-back when refilling on the fly
- Easy to install with bracket that snaps onto bars and secures with velcro
- Refill port lid is difficult to replace when refilling while riding
- Included computer mount is somewhat bulky
Xlab Mini Wing 105 | $60
Rating: ★ ★ | Weight: 186g
A saddle-mounted hydration system designed to carry two standard water bottles with mounting hardware that attaches the setup to a standard saddle—secured by a single screw on each rail.
- Easy installation with only a single bolt per cage
- Easy to access while riding but still sits low enough not to hinder your T1 mount
- Included cages are sleek and hold bottles firmly in place
- Not compatible with all saddle rails
- Mounting hardware can potentially loosen over time
Torhans Aero30 | $70
Rating: ★ ★ ★ | Weight: 155g
A between-the-arms hydration system with a 30oz. capacity (also available in 20oz.) that attaches to the bike using the AeroMount bracket (sold separately). The latest model does feature a new spill- and splash-proof cap with a magnetic closure. An AeroTray accessory is also available, allowing athletes to attach a computer head unit.
- Easy to refill on the fly with magnetic latch cover
- Large capacity at 30oz.
- Low-profile, aerodynamic design
- Bottle can rattle on rough roads
- Aero Mount is not included, but is necessary for installation
- Narrow design makes it difficult to clean
- Drinking tube is not very snug and can come loose
Speedfil Aero Bundle | $100
Rating: ★ ★ ★ | Weight: 234g (A2 & Z4 combined)
The Aero Bundle combines Speedfil’s A2 and Z4+ products into a complete between-the-arms hydration solution that can connect to any standard Specialized thread-compatible water bottle—giving the Aero Bundle a capacity of up to 24oz. The system also includes an integrated Garmin-compatible computer mount.
- Easily refillable while riding
- Compatible with standard water bottles
- Simple to clean
- Garmin mount not included
- Lid requires a good deal of force to open
- Tedious assembly
- Mounting could be more robust