For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Kick off the holiday season by winning products from Triathlete magazine’s 2014 Wish List! Check back each day this week for a new contest and new prizes.
Day 3 (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
For Day 3 of the Triathlete magazine Wish List Giveaways, one lucky winner will receive five great prizes, valued at more than $200:
–Roka Sim Shorts ($109, Rokasports.com)
Never use a pull buoy again. These neoprene shorts promote good form in the pool by lifting the legs towards the surface of the water. Note: Winner will receive a men’s size small.
–Bike Gear Clock ($65, Etsy.com/shop/dreamgreatdreams)
The story behind this handmade gear clock goes beyond the recycled and unique parts that go into it—a portion of the owner’s proceeds go toward the medical bills of her grandson who was born with leukemia.
–RAD Roller ($25, Radroller.com)
We’re loving this new injury prevention/self-massage tool. This must-have item is effective for practically every muscle and perfectly compact for traveling.
–Yurbuds Inspire 100 ($20, Yurbuds.com)
Luxury headphone brand Yurbuds’ new Inspire 100 line is making sweat-proof technology available to the masses with a lower price point.
—Sufferfest training video ($10–13, Thesufferfest.com)
The Sufferfest is known for hilarious, motivating, difficult training videos for cycling, running and triathlon. Utilizing officially licensed footage from professional races like the Tour de France, Challenge Roth and Diamond League Track & Field timed to upbeat music, the interval workouts are designed by world-class coaches and have fool-proof on-screen instructions. Note: The winner will receive a code for one video download.
To win today’s giveaway, you’ll have to be a little creative. We’re looking for the best haiku about the off-season. If you don’t remember from high school English, a haiku is a three-line poem, with the first line containing five syllables, the second line seven syllables and the third line five syllables. Here are some examples:
Stash away the scale
I’m breaking from swim, bike, run
Where are the donuts?
No training, no rides
More family, more free time
To spend with my kids
Post your haiku in the Facebook comments at this link, and the editors will choose our favorite. Then check this post tomorrow to see if you’ve won!
*UPDATE* Congratulations to our winner Adrienne Taren, who submitted: The Turkey Trot proved / It’s much easier to run / When you don’t bike first.
See the complete contest rules below:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Triathlete.com Holiday Giveaways are sponsored by Competitor Group, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
The Sweepstakes is available only to those persons,  years of age or older (at the time of entry), who are legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia.
Employees of Sponsor and any company or entity providing any Prize to be awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes (each a “Prize Provider”) and any of their respective owners, parent companies, affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, advertising, promotion and production agencies, agents (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members of any of the above (meaning spouses, parents, siblings and children living in the same household) and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes consists of that shall take place during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes Period begins Dec. 3 at 9 am Pacific Time and ends on Dec. 3 at 6pm [Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES:
During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant may enter the Sweepstakes by following the link to the Facebook page above and submitting the requested answer/content.
4. GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
Entry is limited to [one (1) entry] per person. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (a) obtain more than [one (1) entry] per person and/or (b) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
Each entrant represents and warrants that his/her entry conforms to these Rules and understands that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the entry for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the entry fails to conform to these Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
All entries are subject to verification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY(S) (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF) BY, OR ON BEHALF OF, THE SPONSOR. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
5. The Triathlete and Triathlete.com editors will choose their favorite responses to the required submission above to determine the winner.
6. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE[S] AND ODDS OF WINNING: A total of One (1) Prize package will be awarded consisting of Roka Sim Shorts, Bike Gear Clock, RAD Roller, Yurbuds Inspire 100 and a Sufferfest training video. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Prize is $200. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes are subject to additional terms and conditions as set forth below.
7. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: The winner will be notified on Facebook and is required to respond within five (5) business days of notification in order to claim his/her prize. In the event of noncompliance, if a winner cannot be reached, or if a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected by the method described above. No substitution of any prizes will be offered. No prize transfer permitted. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All expenses are the responsibility of the prize winner. The winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Rules. Acceptance of a prize will constitute permission to use winner’s name, photo(s), hometown, likeness, statements or prize information for advertising and publicity purposes worldwide in connection with the Sweepstakes without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited. The Released Parties will not be responsible for any and all claims of any kind to or of any person or property (including, without limitation, death of any person), arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this Sweepstakes.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS
This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of California and all claims relating to the Sweepstakes must be resolved in the state or federal courts located in San Diego County, California. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
All entry materials become property of Sponsor. By entering, the entrant agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape, or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the entrant relating to Sponsor or to this promotion and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation.
If it is discovered that an entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple identities, all of the entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded.
Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, server malfunction, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions or any human, mechanical or technical or electronic error which may occur in the collection and processing of entries; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or personal information or mail; or (d) any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, regardless of the reason.
In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award the grand prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
9. PRIZE WINNERS’ LIST. For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Competitor Group, Inc., 9477 Waples Street, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121. All requests must be received by Dec. 31., 2014.
10. SPONSOR: Correspondence may be sent to the Sponsor c/o Competitor Group Marketing Director, 9477 Waples Street, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121.
11. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Facebook bears no responsibility for this contest.