For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Australia’s Tim Reed and Great Britain’s Parys Edwards earned the Ironman 70.3 Subic Bay Philippines victories in hot and windy conditions on Sunday.
Reed, who was one week removed from his runner-up performance at Challenge Dubai, put together a 23:18 swim, a 2:06:44 bike and a 1:18:59 half-marathon for the 3:51:59 victory. Australia’s Mitchell Robins finished second thanks the fastest run of the day (1:18:57), with Josh Amberger making it an all-Aussie podium by finishing in third at 3:57:12.
Edwards earned her first pro victory thanks to a 28:36 swim, a 2:20:33 bike and a 1:25:31 run, crossing the finish line at 4:18:13. American Beth Gerdes finished second at 4:24:05, with Australia’s Dimitry-Lee Duke earning third in 4:27:39.
Ironman 70.3 Subic Bay Philippines
Subic Bay, Philippines – March 8, 2015
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Timothy Reed (AUS) 3:51:59
2. Mitchell Robins (AUS) 3:55:48
3. Josh Amberger (AUS) 3:57:12
4. Luke McKenzie (AUS) 3:58:19
5. Matthias Knossalla (GER) 4:03:11
1. Parys Edwards (GBR) 4:18:13
2. Beth Gerdes (USA) 4:24:05
3. Dimity-Lee Duke (AUS) 4:27:39
4. Emma Bilham (SUI) 4:37:39
5. Katy Duffield (AUS) 4:40:03