For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
American Gwen Jorgensen is still relatively new to the sport of triathlon, but she’s already found her way to the top of the ITU World Triathlon Series rankings thanks to wins in San Diego and Yokohama. Although she had a disappointing race at the 2012 London Olympics due to a mechanical on her bike, the American is now on top and is setting her sites on the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games. Learn about Jorgensen’s new coach and mindset here, and look back on her rise to the number one triathlete in the world with the photo gallery above.
– Photos: Gwen Jorgensen On Top In Yokohama
– Gwen Jorgensen Takes Back-To-Back WTS Victories
– Video: Gwen Jorgensen On Her First ITU WTS Win
– Gwen Jorgensen Named USOC’s Athlete Of The Month
– Video: 2013 San Diego Elite Women Highlights
– Photos: Gwen Jorgensen Wins In San Diego
– Gwen Jorgensen Thrills Home Crowd In San Diego
– Gwen Jorgensen’s Cover Shoot