For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps,
sign up for Outside+.
The United States’ Andy Potts and Australia’s Ellie Salthouse traveled to Cancún, Mexico and led from start to finish to claim the 2019 Challenge Cancún victories. Potts’ day consisted of a 23:43 swim, a 2:00:35 bike, and a 1:21:42 half-marathon, putting him across the finish line in 3:49:26. For Salthouse it was a 25:30 swim, a 2:16:35 bike, and a 1:23:46 run to complete her day in 4:09:37. (Read more about the weekend of racing here.)
2019 Challenge Cancún
Cancún, Mexico – April 29, 2019
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Andy Potts (USA) 3:49:26
2. Cody Beals (CAN) 3:50:32
3. Ben Hoffman (USA) 3:51:44
4. Taylor Reid (CAN) 3:54:34
5. Alan Carrillo (MEX) 4:08:33
1. Ellie Salthouse (AUS) 4:09:37
2. Mirinda Carfrae (AUS) 4:18:17
3. Yvonne Van Vlerken (NED) 4:34:21
4. Maddy Pesch (USA) 4:36:44
5. Elizabeth Nyitray (USA) 4:44:41
Enjoy these event images from photographer José Luis Hourcade.
Train smarter, race faster, and crush your tri goals.