Germany's Natascha Schmitt and Boris Stein earned the victories.
With the unpredictable weather all over Europe, the swim in Luxembourg had to be cancelled due to recent flooding of the Model River. The race was changed from triathlon to duathlon with a 5 km run instead of the swim. 1,700 athletes started the race in Remich with a rolling start. Ultimately it was Germany’s Natascha Schmitt and Boris Stein who earned the victories. Read the recap at Ironman.com.
2016 Ironman 70.3 Luxembourg
Region Moselle, Luxembourg – June 20, 2016
3.1-mile run, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Boris Stein (GER) 3:46:28
2. Bas Diederen (NED) 3:50:07
3. Evert Scheltinga (NED) 3:51:06
4. Thomas Leboucher (FRA) 3:51:45
5. Patrick Dirksmeier (GER) 3:52:01
1. Natascha Schmitt (GER) 4:17:28
2. Daniela Saemmler (GER) 4:27:28
3. Katharina Grohmann (GER) 4:27:54
4. Alice Hector (GBR) 4:29:15
5. Katja Konschak (GER) 4:31:05