For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
The largest consumer triathlon exposition in the U.S. will take place in San Diego this Friday, January 29 and Saturday, January 30. The two-day event will host an impressive lineup of world-class athletes in the sports of swimming, running and cycling, with the first 100 people in the door on Friday receiving a goodie bag valued at $100. The entire event is free to all attendees.
- Cycling legend Chris Carmichael, Olympic gold medalist Kristin Armstrong and Ironman World Championship Runner-up Chris Lieto leading a ‘Breakfast Burrito’ ride Saturday morning hosted by the Tri Club of San Diego.
- Two-time Ironman Champion Craig Alexander, Olympian Kara Goucher and Dean Karnazes will host a training run Saturday morning around Mission Bay.
- Pro triathlete and famed coach Jim Vance will host two open water swim clinics in Mission Bay.
- The entire crew from Competitor’s online news show, TriCenter, will be headed over to the expo to film two special editions of the show.
- American Olympian Sarah Haskins and top-American triathlete Andy Potts will be signing autographs. To see specific times for the autograph signings click here.
- Competitor’s own Matt Fitzgerald will be sharing his 5-step plan for endurance athletes on how to get lean for peak performance both Friday and Saturday afternoon.
- The first 100 people in the door on Friday will receive a goodie bag valued at $100 and over $4,000 worth of prizes will be raffled off over the weekend including a Felt Bike, Garmin 405CX watches, Oakley Sunglasses, Race Entries, wetsuits, and more!
To learn more about the event visit Thetriexpo.com.