For the first time in its history, the Beijing International Triathlon elite race followed a draft-legal format and—not surprisingly—two ITU stars came out ahead. Spain’s Mario Mola and Bermuda’s Flora Duffy, both former world champions, earned the victories.
“Very happy with my race and Beijing experience,” Duffy wrote on Instagram. “Really cool and challenging course which included a 1km run from swim exit to T1 and 280 steps on the run.”
2019 Beijing International Triathlon
Beijing, China – Oct 20, 2019
1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run
1. Mario Mola (ESP) 1:56:01
2. Eric Lagerstrom (USA) 1:57:18
3. Sam Ward (NZL) 1:59:19
4. Keegan Hurley (USA) 2:01:33
5. Joe Maloy (USA) 2:02:47
1. Flora Duffy (BER) 2:04:54
2. Lucy Hall (GBR) 2:06:52
3. Non Stanford (GBR) 2:08:43
4. Natalie Van Coevorden (AUS) 2:10:14
5. Carolina Routier (ESP) 2:15:10
Enjoy images from photographer Rocky Arroyo below.