For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
France’s Arnaud Guilloux and Great Britain’s Emma Pooley raced to the victories at the legendary Alpe d’Huez Long Course Triathlon in France. Athletes swim 2.2K in the crystal clear waters of Lac du Verney, which is not usually open to swimmers. Then they hop on their bikes and ride up three mountain passes—the Alpe du Grand Serre, the Col d’Ornon and the Alpe d’Huez, which features 21 switchbacks. The three-lap run course takes place on roads and trails around the Alpe d’Huez Resort.
Alpe d’Huez Long Course Triathlon
Alpe d’Huez, France – July 31, 2015
2.2K swim, 115K bike, 22K run
1. Arnaud Guilloux (FRA) 5:55:14
2. James Cunnama (RSA) 5:57:04
3. Scott Defilippis (USA) 5:57:27
4. Sven Van Luyck (BEL) 5:58:05
5. Colin Arros (FRA) 5:59:02
1. Emma Pooley (GBR) 6:21:48
2. Mary Beth Ellis (USA) 6:27:45
3. Jeanne Collogne (FRA) 6:36:07
4. Casahuga Ester Hernandez (ESP) 6:55:34
5. Carrie Lester (AUS) 7:03:51