Evoe, Wee Earn First Ironman Victories At Ironman Louisville
Americans Patrick Evoe and Bree wee earned their first-ever Ironman victories at today's Ironman Louisville in Kentucky.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Americans Patrick Evoe and Bree wee earned their first-ever Ironman victories at today’s Ironman Louisville in Kentucky.
Evoe combined a 58:15 swim, race-best 4:33:31 bike and a 3:06:01 marathon to earn the 8:42:44 victory. Last year’s winner, Chris McDonald of Australia, had the fastest run of the day and finished second in 8:52:59. American Thomas Gerlach took third in 9:02:42.
Wee kicked off the day with a 56:21 swim, and then added a 5:12:18 bike and a 3:22:03 marathon to claim the 9:36:27 win. American Jackie Arendt had the fastest run of the pro women, giving her the third-place finish.
Louisville, Ky. – Aug. 26, 2012
2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26.2-mile run
1. Patrick Evoe (USA) 8:42:22
2. Chris McDonald (AUS) 8:52:59
3. Thomas Gerlach (USA) 9:02:42
4. Jason Shortis (AUS) 9:21:24
5. Thomas Maliszewski (USA) 9:28:50
1. Bree Wee (USA) 9:36:27
2. Jackie Arendt (USA) 9:38:14
3. Terra Castro (USA) 9:53:27
4. Heather Gollnick (USA) 9:55:25
5. April Gellatly (USA) 10:09:41