For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Great Britain’s Tim Don and Canada’s Magali Tisseyre earned the victories today in Monterrey, Mexico.
Don put together a 23:10 swim, a 2:04:22 bike and a 1:12:34 half-marathon to claim the 3:42:49 win. American Kevin Collington finished in the runner-up spot at 3:42:49, with Mexico’s own Mauricio Mendez Cruz rounding out the top three just 11 seconds later at 3:46:15.
Tisseyre, who has not traditionally known as being a strong swimmer, was solid across the board today. She turned in a 25:29 swim, a 2:12:03 bike and a 1:20:05 run to easily take the victory in 4:00:48. American Sarah Piampiano was strong on the bike and run to finish in second at 4:11:03, with Canada’s Angela Naeth grabbing third at 4:12:54.
1. Tim Don (GBR) 3:42:49
2. Kevin Collington (USA) 3:46:04
3. Mauricio Mendez Cruz (MEX) 3:46:15
4. Richie Cunningham (AUS) 3:46:51
5. Mario De Elias (ARG) 3:47:15
1. Magali Tisseyre (CAN) 4:00:48
2. Sarah Piampiano (USA) 4:11:03
3. Angela Naeth (CAN) 4:12:54
4. Emma-Kate Lidbury (GBR) 4:16:17
5. Carrie Lester (AUS) 4:20:50