For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Germany’s Andi Böcherer and Anja Baranek claimed the wins at Sunday’s Ironman 70.3 St. Pölten race in Austria. Böcherer put together a 25:08 swim, a 2:08:21 bike and 1:11:46 run to cross the finish line at 3:49:41. Fellow German Nils Frommhold nearly matched Böcherer’s swim and run times, but it was a slower bike that put him in second at 3:51:38. Switzerland’s Jan Van Berkel rounded out the top three in 3:56:14. Baranek narrowly beat out 2012 Olympic gold medalist Nicola Spirig (SUI) to take the win. Baranek’s day consisted of a 26:37 swim, a 2:24:15 bike and a 1:24:31 run, putting her across the finish line at 4:20:12. Spirig nearly ran down Baranek with a 1:16:00 half marathon, but she ultimately had to settle for second at 4:21:25. Germany’s Laura Philipp finished third at 4:25:14.
Ironman 70.3 St. Pölten
St.Pölten, Austria – May 17, 2015
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Andi Böcherer (GER) 3:49:41
2. Nils Frommhold (GER) 3:51:38
3. Jan Van Berkel (SUI) 3:56:14
4. Michael Weiss (AUT) 3:56:56
5. Christian Birngruber (AUT) 3:59:07
1. Anja Baranek (GER) 4:20:12
2. Nicola Spirig (SUI) 4:21:25
3. Laura Philipp (GER) 4:25:14
4. Yvonne Van Vlerken (NED) 4:29:17
5. Kristin Moeller (GER) 4:32:00