For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps,
sign up for Outside+.
The 2019 Challenge Wanaka triathlon featured a competitive field and exciting storylines, but it was once against the scenery that stole the show at the New Zealand race.
New Zealand’s own Braden Currie and Hannah Wells earned the victories in 4:00:00 and 4:31:11, respectively.
2019 Challenge Wanaka
Lake Wanaka, New Zealand – Feb. 19, 2019
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Braden Currie (NZL) 4:00:00
2. Andrew Starykowicz (USA) 4:02:45
3. Matt Burton (AUS) 4:04:22
1. Hannah Wells (NZL) 4:31:11
2. Meredith Kessler (USA) 4:32:19
3. Laura Siddall (GBR) 4:36:37
Enjoy images from the gorgeous race below.