For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong had planned to race in this weekend’s Ironman France, but will not be allowed due to an inquiry by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and the World Triathlon Corporation’s rule stating that athletes under investigation are suspended from Ironman events.
Given Armstrong’s two 70.3. wins (Florida and Hawaii) and his preparation for Ironman France, the American likely has a large base of fitness. Rumors are swirling around what endurance adventure Armstrong will take on next.
What do you think he should do?
– Rev3: Lance Armstrong Welcome At Our Events
– Triathlete.com Poll: Should Armstrong Race In A Non-Ironman Event?
– Armstrong Officially Ineligible For Ironman Events
– USA Triathlon: Lance Armstrong Eligible For Our Races
– Lance Armstrong’s Return To Triathlon: A Timeline
– Triathlon Community Reacts To Lance Armstrong News
– Triathlete.com Poll: Lance Armstrong Ineligible To Compete
– Lance Armstrong Faces Doping Charges From USADA