For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
With the news that Lance Armstrong will not fight sanctions from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, we thought we’d look back at his return to multi-sport. Armstrong first returned to triathlon last fall at the Xterra USA Championships. In February of 2012 he announced his intentions to qualify for this fall’s Ironman World Championship. He competed in five 70.3s, winning two, and was set to race in his first Ironman in Nice, France, when the USADA announced its case against him. See a collection of photos of Armstrong’s return to triathlon above, and look at the complete galleries with the links below.
– Exclusive Photos Of Lance Armstrong’s Return To Tri
– Pro Bike: Lance Armstrong’s Trek Speed Concept
– IM 70.3 Panamá Race Images
– Photos: Ironman 70.3 Texas
– Photos: 2012 Ironman 70.3 Florida
– Photos: Lance Armstrong Wins Ironman 70.3 Florida
– Photos: Lance Armstrong Storms The Big Island
– Photos: Lance Armstrong’s Duel In The Pool