For access to all of our training, gear, and race coverage, plus exclusive training plans, FinisherPix photos, event discounts, and GPS apps, sign up for Outside+.
Show Us How You #RecoverWithRed for a Chance to Win a Vitamix S30 and tart cherry prize pack.
After a hard workout, it’s time to recuperate tired muscles. Share a photo of how you recover with tart cherry juice using the hashtag #RecoverWithRed, and you could win a recovery prize pack featuring:
- A Vitamix S30 (perfect for blending tart cherry recovery smoothies – retail value of $359)
- A Tigger Point Therapy GRID foam roller (it hurts so good)
- Montmorency tart cherry juice and dried tart cherries (to fuel your recovery!)
How To Enter
Whether you drink a glass of tart cherry juice after a long run or fuel your rides with tart cherry gummies, share your recovery routine using tart cherries on Instagram or Twitter, and tag with #RecoverWithRed. (PS: We love selfies!)
The contest ends on Tuesday, May 12, 2015, at 11:59 pm. Winners will be announced the following week. Read the contest rules here.
Why Tart Cherries?
Studies have shown that Montmorency tart cherry juice may help reduce strength loss and aid recovery after extensive exercise. It’s easy and enjoyable to incorporate this real-food recovery aid into your training routine:
- Research recommends drinking two 8-ounce servings of tart cherry juice a day. You can mix it with water or drink it straight as a “shot.”
- Try tart cherry juice in the morning with your breakfast, or make a pre-workout smoothie with tart cherry juice, frozen tart cherries and Greek yogurt. You can also use tart cherry juice as a base for on-the-go snacks like homemade chews, or use dried cherries in bars, trail mixes or to make fruit leather. ChooseCherries.com has dozens of recipes to choose from.
- Drink an additional glass of tart cherry juice within 30 minutes after workouts.
- Look for tart cherry juice concentrate in your local supermarket.