Kienle, Van Vlerken Victorious In Germany
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The Netherlands’ Yvonne Van Vlerken and Germany’s Sebastian Kienle beat out tough fields to earn victories at the 2009 Ironman Germany 70.3. Kienle’s victory game against a charging men’s field, as the top-five men all finished within four minutes of each other. Van Vlerken made a statement as the strongest women in the race by posting a solid time of 4:42:46.
Ironman Germany 70.3
Wiesbaden/Rheingau-Taunus-Kreis, Germany – August 16, 2009
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Sebastian Kienle (GER) 4:04:34
2. Michael Raelert (GER) 4:05:25
3. Mathias Hecht (SUI) 4:05:52
4. Andreas Böcherer (GER) 4:07:30
5. Alessandro Degasperi (ITA) 4:08:34
1. Yvonne van Vlerken (NED) 4:42:46
2. Tiina Boman (FIN) 4:44:47
3. Eva Jannsen (NED) 4:47:40
4. Andrea Steinbecher (GER) 4:49:27
5. Wenke Kujala (GER) 4:51:56
Check back for complete results and a photo gallery from the race.