Are you the most organized person you know? Do your folders have folders? Do you love keeping projects on task and watching ideas turn into completed products? Do you dream of ways to make workflow more efficient? Is your favorite character on Brooklyn Nine Nine Detective Amy Santiago? Do you or would you love to live in San Diego? We want to meet you!
The Managing Editor is responsible for overseeing the editorial content production of Triathlete magazine and assists with the production of Triathlete.com. The Managing Editor plans, assigns, edits and writes content for Triathlete magazine and Triathlete.com under the direction of the Editor-in-Chief. The candidate should have a passion for exceptional editorial content and the fitness industry, and unparalleled attention to detail.
- Oversees content calendar and scheduling for Triathlete magazine and Triathlete.com
- Manages invoicing for Triathlete magazine and Triathlete.com
- Assigns stories to freelance writers, photographers, and contractors while staying within budget guidelines
- Writes, edits, and copyedits stories for clarity, readability, interest, punctuation, and grammar
- Travels as needed to conferences and races to stay abreast of industry trends
- Provides a deep knowledge of fitness, nutrition, and training content
- Contributes as a strong team player to execute vision of Editor-in-Chief
- Bachelors or advanced degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in similar role
- Experience working with outside contractor/freelancers in print and online environment
- Superior grammar, punctuation, style and spelling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experience with InDesign and InSite a plus
Work Environment: This job operates in a media/publishing setting.
Benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited vacation
Travel: This position requires some travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based on-site in San Diego, Calif. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Erin Beresini, Editor-in-Chief, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.