Australia’s Declan Wilson has produced the race of his career to claim victory in the 2018 ITU New Plymouth World Cup Sunday. In a fast finish, New Zealand’s Sam Ward delivered a solid performance to come home with the silver while America’s Matthew McElroy rounded out the men’s podium to snare the bronze medal.
“I’ve been wanting that since 2013 ever since bronze at U23 World’s bronze so I am so happy with that. This is the biggest race ever for me. I haven’t won a World Cup before,” exclaimed Wilson.
Read the complete recap at Triathlon.org
2018 New Plymouth ITU Triathlon World Cup
New Plymouth, New Zealand – March 25, 2018
750m swim, 20K bike, 5K run
1. Declan Wilson (AUS) 58:20
2. Sam Ward (NZL) 58:22
3. Matthew McElroy (USA) 58:24
4. Tyler Mislawchuk (CAN) 58:25
5. Matthew Sharpe (CAN) 58:26
6. Ryan Bailie (AUS) 58:33
7. Kevin McDowell (USA) 58:35
8. Marcel Walkington (AUS) 58:43
9. Brandon Copeland (AUS) 58:49
10. Gregory Barnaby (ITA) 59:10