Whistler provided a picturesque backdrop for athletes from around the world on Sunday at the 2017 Subaru Ironman Canada triathlon. Linsey Corbin (USA) battled a competitive women’s professional field to claim victory with an overall time of 9:17:12 (read our post-race interview with her here). Jen Annett (CAN) finished in second place with a time of 9:24:55, while Rachel McBride (CAN) rounded out the podium in third with a time of 9:27:15.
2017 Ironman Canada
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada – July 30, 2017
2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26.2-mile run
1. Linsey Corbin (USA) 9:17:12
2. Jen Annett (CAN) 9:24:55
3. Rachel McBride (CAN) 9:27:15
4. Rachel Joyce (GBR) 9:43:34
5. Fawn Whiting (CAN) 9:46:07
* Only a women’s event for professionals.