Pile on the servings of veggies with this beautiful noodle bowl. A simple green curry adds tons of rich flavors to the crisp and colorful veggies, and simple broiled shrimp.
Makes 4 servings
24 large shrimp (peeled and deveined with tail on)
8 oz thin rice noodles (Vermicelli style)
8 cups mixed greens (or chopped romaine lettuce)
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 cups jicama (chopped into matchsticks)
½ English cucumber, sliced into coins
½ cup salted, chopped cashews
½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 cup prepared green curry or green curry-simmer sauce (or similar)
2 limes, halved
1. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent from sticking. Gently pat with paper towel to remove moisture.
2. Heat oven to Hi Broil. Toss the shrimp with a small amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and broil 90 seconds to 2 minutes per side (until golden on outside and just cooked through).
3. Divide the greens or lettuce among 4 large bowls. Arrange the red and yellow bell peppers, jicama and cucumber among the 4 bowls.
4. Place one-quarter of the noodles, along with 6 shrimp on each bowl. Drizzle ¼ cup of the curry sauce over the shrimp and noodles.
5. Scatter the cilantro and cashews over the top of the bowls for garnish.
6. Serve each with ½ lime squeezed over the top.
Jessica Cerra is the owner of Fit Food by Jess, a private chef and catering company in Encinitas, Calif., and the co-founder of Harmony Bar. A former professional XTERRA triathlete, Cerra now races for Twenty16 Women’s Professional Cycling Team.