Up-and-coming American professional triathlete Lukas Verzbicas suffered a serious crash on his bike while riding in Colorado Springs, Colo., on July 31.
The 19-year-old has been in rehab for a week now and has several more weeks ahead of him. The video above shows Verzbicas’ progress since his last update six days ago on Aug. 15.
Verzbicas attributes his success over the past few days, in part, to the support he’s received from the triathlon community.
“Just wanted to share my progress in walking a week later, big improvement,” Verzbicas said in an email to Bob Babbitt. “Must be all those get well wishes and prayers I’m receiving from everyone. I didn’t realize how supportive triathletes are for how they take their time to really uplift me through the emails and social networking.”
– Video: Lukas Verzbicas’ Road To Recovery
– Lukas Verzbicas Talks About Bike Crash
– Photos: On Location With Lukas Verzbicas
– Photos: Lukas Verzbicas’ Bike Fit
– Fitting Lukas Verzbicas
– U.S. Sweeps Gold In Spain
– Photos: Americans On Top In Banyoles